Regal Distributing is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our newest location in Grand Prairie Texas!
Regal Distributing is a wholesale distributor of foodservice packaging & janitorial products with locations in Lenexa KS, Pendergrass GA, Grand Prairie, Texas & Phoenix AZ. Regal has been in business since 1955.
As a delivery driver you will report to our warehouse management team in Grand Prairie, TX. Their role will include several responsibilities from picking to delivering orders to our customers.
The Class A Local Driver will be responsible for effectively delivering the product accurately, safely, on time and with a professional attitude. Develops good relationships with all driver associates, and customers complies with all company policies with responsibility for ensuring all DOT, local, state, federal regulations are followed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of product to supplies, vendors and clients
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner
- Delivers and unloads cases to customer locations using a 2 wheel dolly and liftgate
- Responsible for reporting the need for repairs, maintenance and cleaning of OTR equipment
- Responsibility for adherence and vehicle compliance for the Department of Transportation, Trip Reports, Vehicle Inspection Reports and Pre/Post Trip Inspections and any other driver or vehicle compliance
- Responsible for submitting various reports related to the position, fuel reports and receipts
- Comply with OSHA and DOT standards
- Acts in a stewardship capacity for the Company, works as a functional member of the team, has ability to self-direct and self-regulate work-day
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, or 3-5 years in the field or in a related area, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred
- Current class A CDL
- 2 years of Class A CDL experience preferred.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company.
Regal reviews each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is consistently required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must consistently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and must be able to retrieve boxes consistently from a height of 5 ½ foot.
Medical, Dental and Vision offered. 401k Plan. Paid Vacation
Monday- Friday 6:30am – 4:00pm